- Newly confirmed Attorney General Jeff Sessions failed to disclose to the Senate that he spoke with the Russian ambassador twice last year. (Mar. 1)
- CNN: White House misled media on possible immigration compromise to ensure good coverage before Trump’s speech to Congress. (Mar. 1)
- A young woman with DREAMer status is detained by ICE after speaking at a press conference.
- Republican leaders have hidden House draft plan for healthcare reform in a basement.
- Ben Carson confirmed as secretary of housing and urban development.
- A growing number of lawmakers call for Sessions to recuse himself from Russia investigation or resign.
- WSJ: Donald Trump Jr. paid $50,000 by Russian and Syrian allies to speak at event in October.
- Rick Perry confirmed as secretary of energy. As a candidate, he proposed eliminating the department.
- Sessions recuses himself from investigations into Russian hacking of U.S. election.
- Former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn and Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner met with Russian ambassador during transition.
- EPA withdraws request for oil and gas wells to provide info on equipment and methane emissions.
Copyright © 2017 AJ+, All rights reserved.
The GOP is hell bent on “defunding” Planned Parenthood, but most people don’t actually know what that means. No federal money is donated to or designated for PP. The federal money PP gets is from medicaid and title X reimbursement.
A low income patient comes in -> they get whatever treatment -> PP files a claim through medicaid or title X like they would with an insurance company -> PP is reimbursed for services provided.
One big thing to note, the reimbursement does not cover the full cost of services. This is the big reason PP is so important. Because of the philanthropy side of it, they can take care of medicaid and title X patients. The donations, private donations, can cover what the reimbursement fails to cover. [Side note: that is also why it is good for people who have private insurance to use PP. They will reimburse in full.] Other community healthcare clinics cannot afford to take on the number of medicaid and title X patients that PP covers because they do not have the same donation support.
I give you a series of tweets on the subject.
From Planned Parenthood:
From: Copyright © 2017 AJ+, All rights reserved.